Grounded is a platform-in-development that offers a supportive, integrated approach to stress management for the body, emotions, and mind. The Grounded App (beta) is the first of many offerings in active development.
Grounded is an on-the-go, body-mind experience offering practical information and easily-implemented exercises to relieve stress. You are given the opportunity to:
- identify how you are feeling
- choose to watch a video, listen to a brief exercise, or read a short informative piece of content
- develop a deeper, more intuitive relationship with your body, emotions, and thoughts
- cultivate lasting stress-management practices and habits
Users report feeling more relaxed and calm after engaging with the content in this app. People have used these exercises to:
- sleep better
- build focus and attention
- feel less overwhelmed
- build a daily habit of releasing tension and stress
- improve their relationships
- reduce pain
About this app: From the hand-drawn home image to the high-quality videos featuring professional dancers, the creative, human feel of this app sets it apart from other products. Users report feeling soothed by the experience of listening to original music compositions paired with a warm female voice.
This project began with one Grounded video that premiered on the Martha Stewart Whole Living website in 2010. It grew into this app, and represents the first product in the on-going collaboration between Jennifer Edwards, Founder of JenEd Productions and Sydney Skybetter, Artistic Director of skybetter and associates, with video by Caleb Custer and music by Mikael Karlsson.